Sep 22, 2009

Gorro de corujas












I have been very busy knitting away long projects. One of them is a poncho, and perhaps, God willing, I finish it up by 2012. In the mean time, I started two other small pieces; a cable stitch scarf and a cute owlhat.
Both of them require some cable knitting skills.
I got the pattern for the hat here, and I´d love to translate this pattern, simply because I really had to work hard to find a site where they would write up the pattern in details. I´m keeping the fingers crossed, wishing this pattern has no mishaps, or better, I don’t mess up anywhere along the way.
The second project is a scarf, and I found it here. I absolutely followed the pattern to the teeth, no modifications. When you are able to grasp the concept of how cable stitch is knitted, you can almost knit it on automatic pilot mode.
Learning cable stitch has opened a door to new challenges. It has helped me to understand and decipher a vast array of new patterns.
I would like to thank Cy, from a site called Multicriativa, for her patience and dedication in teaching the technique so gracefully.
Tenho estado ocupada tricotando longos projetos. Um deles é um poncho, o tal do poncho da Guaraná, e talvez eu termine lá pelo ano 2012. Nesse meio tempo, eu comecei dois outros projetos menores; um cachecol de trança e um gorro de corujas, gracinha.
Ambos projetos requerem tricotar tranças.
Eu consegui a receita do gorro aqui e eu gostaria de traduzi-la, simplesmente porque foi difícil encontrar um sítio que desse a receita em detalhes. Estou torcendo para que a receita não tenha erros, ou melhor, para que eu não bagunce a receita pelo caminho.
O segundo projeto é um cachecol, e o encontrei aqui. Segui a receita à risca, sem modificações. Quando se entende o conceito das tranças, dá para tricotar as peças no piloto automático.
Aprender a tricotar tranças abriu as portas para novos desafios. Ajudou-me a entender e decifrar um vasto território de novas receitas.
Eu gostaria de agradecer a tricoteira e autora Cy, do Multicriativa, pela sua paciência e dedicação em ensinar essa técnica tão graciosamente.

No comments: