Oct 1, 2009

Some tips on the owl hat






I had lots of fun knitting this owl hat.
I gotta tell you, it was my first time knitting with a circular needle, and everything went quite smooth.
I decreased the stitches on my circular needle but on the 4 round in the pattern, with 63 very tight stitches on a 16"inch diameter needle, keeping decreasing became very uncomfortable for me. For this reason, I knitted them off to three dpn (double point needles) using the three double needle technique that I picked up on the internet.
I divided the stitches evenly (21 stitches in each one). You knit them as if you were knitting with straight needles. You should take every stitch off a double point, onto an empty dpn. Believe me, dpn was my life saver! Mission impossible is to keep on decreasing with a circular! I had to do something… I did some google search and I stumbled upon Crazy Aunt Purl and by the way, the author and developer of the site, writes out hilarious stuff!
Yarn used: 60% pima cotton, 40% modal – shine worsted weight- From Knit picks
Circular needle: 5.5 mm.
Beginning: 09/20
Ending: 09/23
No modifications

Foi muito bom tricotar esse gorro de corujas. Eu tenho que confessar que para minha primeira vez com a agulha circular, tudo correu muito bem.
Eu fiz as diminuições com a circular e na quarta volta, com 63 super apertados pontos e realmente não conseguindo tricotar mais, eu passei os pontos para as agulhas de duas pontas. Eu dividi os pontos por igual (21 pontos) para cada agulha, e continuei diminuindo como se estivesse usando uma agulha reta. Você tira ponto por ponto de cada adp (agulha de duas pontas), para a agulha adp vazia que você tem na mão direita. Ė sério, as adps foram minha salvação, quando eu comecei a diminuir. Diminuir com a circular seria impossível. Fica tudo muito apertado! Eu tinha que pensar em algo... Procurei no google e deparei com este sítio chamado Tricô da tia maluca, além disso eu me diverti com sua autora. Ela é hilária!
Linha usada da Knit picks
Agulha circular: 5.5 mm
Comecei: 20/09 Terminei: 23/09.
Nenhuma modificação

No comments: