Jan 4, 2011

Restoring memories



I just finished knitting the baby-uggs booties and they’ve turned out so darn cute. I actually did this project with my sister in law, she knitted the large one and I knitted the other one.(a little small- it would fit a 6-month-old baby. The large one would fit a 1-year-old. When I knit another pair, I will YO after top shaping (row 5) for I-Cord, so they don’t fall off. They have plenty of room for those wriggly feet.
I really lucked out when it comes to sisters-in-law. Selmi knows how to quilt, sew, crochet and knit (a little bit). She showed me how to do some patchwork and taught me a few quilting stitches. She also put together a cute patchwork pumpkin. (I still need to knit its leaves and the stem). I’ll be posting the pictures later on.
I spent a very lovely holidays with my brother, Irineu and sister-in-law, Selmi. I caught up with tons of family stories and those brought old good memories. I loved their company and I hope they enjoyed coming for the holidays and the white Christmas just added more fun to the day!!

No comments: