May 26, 2011

Snake in the willow tree



When my neighbor, Julie, saw this scarf, in the very beginning of the knitting process, she immediately commented it looked like a weeping willow tree changing its colors in the fall. I had to agree and since the pattern is curvy, resembling a snake, I pictured the snake and willow together and I came up with snake in the willow. It seems weird, I have never heard of snakes climbing trees but it translates the idea fairly.
Talking a little bit about the yarn, I liked knitting with the swiss-mohair BUT… It’s not as soft as I thought would be. Surprisingly a little bit on the scratchy side when I wrapped around my neck. I would never tell while knitting with it. It feels so soft on the touch.
To finish his post I have to drop a final note on the last segment of the scarf:
When you get halfway point on the row, turn the work (like on the other segments) working in ribbing stitch until the end.
SSK and work until the short row, do another SSK, turn the work and keep decreasing until you have only 3 stitches on the needle. Cast off.
Happy knitting!
more kureopatora scarves: Sharing the moment, Feather and Fan, Curly Whirlies,Fresh Isle Fibers,Amimono

No comments: