Aug 17, 2009

Feasting on the Beatles






This past Saturday, we went to see Paul McCartney´s show at Piedmont Park. ¨Drive my Car¨ was the opening song and it definitely set the tone for the evening.
Fifty thousand people attended it, despite the torrential rain that came down right after he took stage.
Norm and I started moving closer to stage, 400 yards away to 25 feet closer. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. By the age of sixteen, I listened to almost every Beatles albums my hands could get a hold. Sir Paul McCartney is one of the greatest entertainer of this century and his showmanship is nothing short than extraordinary.
He dedicated ¨Something¨ to his beloved late wife Linda and to George Harrison. Memories of happy moments in my life just popped up back...My eyes got watery, but Beatles fans did not leave the show disappointed. He played and sang beautifully songs like: ¨A Day the life¨, ¨The end¨, ¨Day Tripper¨, ¨Got to get you into my life¨, ¨Live and let die¨, ¨Back to the USSR,¨ Hey Jude¨ and so many more…
It was really touching and special!
Around 11:00 pm, he was singing his third encore. We left still hearing him singing! This was my first Paul McCartney show and he really puts on a jubilant show. Paultastic!!!

Sábado agora fomos assistir ao concerto do Paul McCartney, no Piedmont Park. ¨Drive my Car¨ foi a música de abertura e determinou o tom do que estava por vir.
Cinqüenta mil pessoas assistiram ao show, apesar da chuva torrencial que começou assim que ele apareceu no palco.
Norm e eu começamos a nos aproximar do palco, ficando super próximos dele. Eu tive que me beliscar para me certificar que nao estava sonhando. Com dezesseis anos de idade, eu já havia escutado quase todos os álbums dos Beatles que eu pudesse emprestar ou comprar.
Paul McCartney é um dos melhores artistas deste século, e sua presença de palco é espetacular.
Ele dedicou ¨Something¨ à sua adorada e falecida esposa Linda e seu parceiro George Harrison. Lembranças de tantos momentos felizes da minha vida, afloraram. Meus olhos se encheram de água, mas fans dos Beatles nao saíram do show decepcionados. Sir Paul tocou e cantou lindamente as músicas: ¨A day the life¨, ¨The end¨, ¨Day Tripper¨, ¨Got to get you into my life¨, ¨Live and Let Die¨ e tantas outras....
Ele tocou fundo e o show foi especial!
Lá pelas 23:00h, ele estava cantando a terceira música do bis. Nós saímos do show ao som da sua voz! Foi minha primeira vez com Paul McCartney, e ele é um show imperdível!

No comments: