Aug 28, 2009

Pedacinhos de crochê





My mom was a crochet addicted! She lived to crochet and she was quite good at it! Her life never revolved around one type of craftsmanship, but she really enjoyed crocheting. I remember seeing her really concentrate at it. She wouldn’t answer to anyone, talk or look to nobody, totally absorbed by it. I recall being a bit of a pain to get her attention. Now, my karma comes back to me, when I’m knitting and my husband, Norman talks to me, trying to get my attention! Excuse me, I’m counting stitches here!!!!
Perhaps for my mom, crochet might have been the center of her universe. But then, when she finished her pieces, I would realize why she was so into it. She really enjoyed the intricate work: the detailing meticulously crocheted at odds hours of the night... soothing, more relaxing than Prozac, out of body experience. Who knows!!
After her passing, I kept some pieces that are the treasure of my life. So many more pieces got lost though! My mom is no longer with me, but her craft is my tidbits of her that I will always have…
Minha mãe era uma crocheteira viciada! A vida dela não era só esta arte, ela adorava diferentes artesanatos! Entretanto, crochê, era o seu passatempo preferido. Eu me lembro vê-la crochetar, e realmente se concentrar no seu trabalho. Ela não falava com ninguém, ou olhava para ninguém, enquanto ela crochetava. Meu carma voltou na forma do meu marido, quando ele tenta, incansavelmente tirar a minha atenção do tricô, para prestar atenção nele. Espera um momento, estou contanto agora!!!
Para minha mãe, talvez, crochê fosse o centro do seu universo: mais importante que qualquer outra coisa que a rodeasse. Mas quando ela terminava seu trabalho, aí eu entendia o porque de tanta introspeccão. Ela adorava trabalhos detalhados: os detalhes a levavam a crochetar até altas horas da noite. Era um calmante, um relaxante, mais poderoso que Dienpax, uma experiência extraterrestre. Quem sabe!!
Depois que ela se foi, eu fiquei com algumas peças, que eu guardo com a minha própria vida. Tantos outros trabalhos se perderam! Minha mãe não está mais nesta vida, mas o seu trabalhos, são os meus pedacinhos dela que eu sempre vou ter...

No comments: