Mar 9, 2010

Prospects




My last indulgence was the purchase of this book and when I got it in the mail and opened it, I realized it was worth every penny!
First of all, every pattern is explained by using words, opposed to graphics, which I have a little bit of a problem to understand.
Secondly, the patterns are really stunning. I took some pics of the ones I ambitiously intend to knit on the course of this year. I know I can, I just got to pick up the pace and seven is a very lucky, rounded number; considering we’re already in March. A project a month, not too shabby!!!
My current project is the evening shrug taken from the Purl Bee. I am enjoying knitting it a lot and the bamboo yarn is soft and easy to knit with. It was kind of pricey, but it turned out to be a nice change from my last Noro/Multidirectional disaster. Noro left a really bad taste in my month.
I do not mind investing in a high quality yarn, as long as the quality translates in the work's final result. Noro was sort of a rip off. Oh, well, let's move on.
Finalmente me permiti comprar este livro, e qual foi minha surpresa ao abrir a caixa e folhear as páginas... valeu o gasto de cada centavo!
Primeiramente, todas as receita são escritas; sem muitos gráficos, o qual tenho um pouco de dificuldade para entender.
Em segundo lugar, as receitas são divinas. Tirei algumas fotos do que eu chamo de projeto super ambicioso. Tricotar 01 por mes. Eu sei que eu posso, eu só tenho que pegar o ritmo. Oito é um bom número, considerando que já estamos em março.
Meu projeto atual é o bolerinho prá noite e foi retirada do Purl Bee. Eu estou adorando tricotá-lo e a linha é fiada do bambu. Super macia e fácinha de deslizar nas agulhas. Eu nao planejava gastar tanto, mas está sendo bem diferente do meu desastroso Noro/Multidirecional . Não me importo de investir em um fio de alta qualidade, conquanto que o trabalho mostre a qualidade.

No comments: