Aug 31, 2010

Serendipity


"Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for." Lawrence Block

Sometimes life throws us a curve pushing us out of our comfort zone. I was used to my life and its natural routine. Now, it seems that I need to redefine myself and overcome obstacles and cross new bridges. It is scary and right now nothing shows up in the horizon; neither a light nor a path that leads me to a new beginning.
Perhaps its still not the right time, maybe what I am looking for is not my answer. Yes, I need that moment of serendipity. That moment when everything comes together and we find the answer to our prayers.
In the meantime, there is nothing else I can do but finish my UFOs. My baktus project is finished and I also knitted a more summery version of another baktus pattern. It can be worn in those sizzling days of summer and it is a nice compliment to a tank top or a tee-shirt. I think the batktus is way too big and boring, so I added some studs to give it that extra punch.
Finally I am feeling better and out of pain. The process is slow and doctors say I’ll feel much better after the 2nd epidural.
Everyday I train with a resistance band to help me to strengthen and build back muscle.
The Telemark pullover is almost off the needles and I don’t have any recipient in mind for this one.

"Escrito nas estrelas. Procurando por algo, encontra-se algo diferente, assim você percebe que o que você encontrou é mais adequado às suas necessidades do que você pensou que estava procurando." Lawrence Block

Às vezes a vida nos pega de surpresa e nos empurra para fora do comodismo . Eu estava acostumada com minha vidinha de rotina. Parece que agora eu preciso repaginar minha vida. Aprender a superar os obstáculos e cruzar novos horizontes. É muito assustador e não há nada à vista: nenhuma luz, nenhuma resposta, nenhum caminho que me leve à um novo começo.
Talvez ainda não esteja na hora, talvez o que estou procurando não é a minha resposta. Sim, eu preciso desse entendimento, de validação de que tudo está escrito na estrelas. Daquele momento quando tudo se encaixa e encontramos a resposta para nossas orações.
Como nada acontece, nada me resta fazer a não ser terminar meus trabalhos inacabados de tricô. Meu projeto de lencinho baktus está terminado e eu também fiz uma versão mais verão de uma outra receita baktus. Ele pode ser usado naqueles dias escaldantes de verão e é um bonito acessório para incrementar uma camiseta ou uma blusinha básica. Eu acho o batktus é demasiado grande e sem muito sal, então eu adicionei algumas tachinhas para dar aquele tchan.
Finalmente estou me sentindo melhor e sem dor. O processo é lento, e os médicos dizem que vou me sentir muito melhor depois da segunda anestesia na coluna.
Todos os dias eu treino com uma faixa de resistência para ajudar à fortalecer e reconstruir os músculos.
A Telemark Pullover está quase pronto e não tenho ninguém em mente para presentear.

No comments: